Do you want to come to Canada for a vacation OR to visit a family member?

Most travelers need a Visa to enter Canada and Visitor Visa (aka Temporary Resident Visa) is one of the category that allows a foreign national to enter & remain temporarily in Canada. Travelers from visa exempt countries require an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) before they board a flight.

Duration of Stay

In most cases, Temporary resident visa allows a visitor to stay upto 6 months in Canada but Border services officer, at the port of entry, has a discretion to allow more than or less than 6 months stay. As long as CBSA officer doesn’t give you a visitor record or put a date stamp in your passport that shows the date you need to leave Canada, you can stay upto 6 months or until your passport expires (whichever comes first).

In certain cases, with a valid reason, foreign national may apply for the extension of their stay. An online or paper application can be submitted with supporting documents. Period of extension is on Visa officer’s discretion and based on the reason stated in the application. If approved then foreign national has to undergo immigration medical examination by panel physician.

How to Apply & processing times?

Applications for Temporary resident visa can be submitted online or by paper. Most foreign nationals need to give biometrics as a new measure of security. Once submitted, processing times may vary according to the volume of applications but it ranges between 15 days to 90 days.

How HV Global Immigration Ltd can help you?

Although all the information for the application process is available online but benefit of using a professional immigration consultant is that we can explain confusing parts of application process while ensuring all the information is filled correctly. We also make sure that you meet all the proper regulations, so your application has a better chance of approval. An experienced immigration consultant guides you about the proper supporting documentation that saves your time and hard-earned money.

HV Global Immigration Ltd is ICCRC regulated immigration consultancy firm (License No. R534969). We have good understanding of Canadian immigration and its procedures to file applications with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

HV Global Immigration Ltd is licensed by ICCRC and is a proud member of CAPIC. These logos are sole property of respective organizations.